The ability to install sewage pipes horizontally and even upwards gives great flexibility when installing the piping system in a building or a ship. Vacuum toilets and other system components can be positioned without regard to the gravity requirements of traditional toilet systems.
- Smaller space between decks or floors required
- Substantial savings in materials and construction costs
- More flexible design possible
- Piping independent of gravity: rising pipe and horizontal lines without slope are possible
- Easier to position toilets, even lower-deck or basement toilets without a separate pumping station.
- Easier ship retrofits and building rehabilitations with less deck/floor penetration
- Easier compliance with ever stricter international discharge regulations